JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. successfully implemented the Together for Health for the U.S. Agency for International Development from 2005 to 2011. For further information on project activites, visit the TfH page on jsi.com.
Supporting Policies and Systems for Improved Quality and Management of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services
Together for Health (TfH) works closely with a range of governmental and nongovernmental organizations to improve the FP/RH legal and regulatory environment and management systems by:
- Facilitating the adoption (adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine in December 2006) and implementation of the multi-sectoral State Program Reproductive Health of the Nation up to 2015 (SPRHN);
- Working with health managers and decision-makers in the national governments to identify and formalize the eligibility criteria to receive free contraceptives. The SPRHN establishes and finances two budget line items for contraceptives procurement at each of the national and local levels;
- Advocating for the inclusion of family planning/reproductive health services and contraceptives into emerging health reform efforts;
- Strengthening national and local level capacities to better monitor and evaluate the use of government resources during the SPRHN implementation, and;
- Building the public health management role of health managers in the oblasts in order to strengthen family planning and reproductive health programs.
Further information about this work is available in our annual reports.
You'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program to view the PDF files on your computer.
Back to the top